From episode 54 – many rumors started to circulate re: Scott Bourne and his collection of iPhones, ala the “facts” that surround Chuck Norris.Ã?â??Ã?Â What have you heard?
- PictureSync at http://picturesync.net/ for $15 from Leo Laporte (PM note: I think this is the one he was talking about.)
- PocketTweets at http://pockettweets.com/ for FREE (donation) from Merlin Mann
- Seeqpod for iPhone at http://seeqpod.com/iphone for FREE from Andy Ihnatko.
- Handbrake (updated version) at http://handbrake.m0k.org/ for FREE from Alex Lindsay.
Special Note: Andy Ihnatko needs your help for a TV appearance (Saturday morning – CBS)! Send him your favorite “urban legend” on ways to resurrect personal electronics that have gotten wet. Actually – this would be a good thing for the comments too. Anybody have a good one?
- Inquisitor 3 (for Safari) at http://www.inquisitorx.com/safari/ for FREE from Leo Laporte
- Quicktime Pro at http://www.apple.com/quicktime/pro/ for $29.99 from Andy Ihnatko
- Pixelmator at http://www.pixelmator.com/ from Alex Lindsay
- Mailplane at http://mailplaneapp.com/ from Justine Ezarik
- Earset 2 bluetooth headset at http://www.bang-olufsen.com/page.asp?id=183 for $350 from Scott Bourne
What’s your fav this week?Ã?â??Ã?Â I’m going with Quicktime Pro.Ã?â??Ã?Â I don’t have it – but I think about the upgrade every time I go for one of those grayed out features.Ã?â??Ã?Â $350 for an ear piece that makes me look like a bigger dork isn’t going to happen.
This week – the anti-picks… Merlin Mann offers the question, “What’s the crappiest application that ships with a Mac?”
- iCal from Merlin Mann
- iPhoto (and chess, calculator) from Leo Laporte
- NetInfo from Andy Ihnatko
- Digital Color Meter from Scott Bourne
- Stickies from Alex Lindsay
This is a fun question – what’s your least favorite? I’d have to go with Stickies (how original)…
Word is that Merlin Mann has been outed as an iPhone owner (and that word came from Merlin Mann).
Thanks for the mention over at the Inside TWIT blog!Ã?â??Ã?Â Regarding the comment of breaking out prices to increments of an “Alex”, I was going to do that, but wasn’t sure if that currency would eventually be converted to a “Ben.”
- Audible.com – The Cult of the Amateur
- iBlogLines – http://ibloglines.com FREE from Scott Bourne
- Wirecast – http://www.varasoftware.com/products/wirecast/ $450.00 from Alex “Ben” Lindsay
- Mac Heist – http://macheist.com/ – $50 for a bundle of applications from Leo Laporte
- Rooswitch – http://roobasoft.com/rooSwitch/ $14.95 from Merlin Mann
- rooVid – http://roobasoft.com/rooVid/ FREE from Leo Laporte
Read detailed descriptions after the break…
Hardware & Software:
- Mega Seg at http://www.megaseg.com from Brett Larson.
- Jing at http://jingproject.com from Alex Lindsay.
- Art Rage at http://www.ambientdesign.com/artrage.html from Leo Laporte.
- TaDa at http://www.tadalist.com/ from Scott Bourne.
- Graffletopia.com at http://graffletopia.com from Merlin Mann.
- OmniGraffle. at http://omnigroup.com from Merlin Mann.
Click through for full details…
Continue reading Picks from MBW 50: Pennsylvania 6-5000
Software & Hardware:
- Dockables at cocoaapp.com from Leo Laporte.
- Get Leaflets at http://getleaflets.com from Merlin Mann.
- Fujitsu ScanSnap 500M from Merlin Mann.
- YEP at http://yepthat.com) from Merlin Mann.
- Devon Think Pro at http://www.devon-technologies.com from Merlin Mann.
- goffice at http://www.goffice.com from Scott Bourne.
- PF HOE at http://www.thepixelfarm.co.uk from Alex Lindsay.
Click through for full details…
- The Code of the Woosters (Dramatised) by P.G. Wodehouse